• Venice Beach is the 2nd-largest tourist attraction in Southern California after Disneyland
• There were 16 million visitors in 2004; 7 million of these under the age of 35
• 65% of visitors have an average income over $50,000
• The first documented surfing demonstration in California was held off Venice Beach by George Freeth in 1907.
• Venice is the birthplace of modern progressive skateboarding, as celebrated in the documentary film “Dogtown and Z-Boys” and Sony Pictures’ “The Lords of Dogtown.”
• With the Pacific Ocean, Boardwalk vendors, skaters, surfers, artists, and musicians, Venice is known throughout the world as a setting for films such as “Speed” with Sandra Bullock, “Breathless” with Richard Gere, and the popular “Baywatch” television series.
~ Venice Chamber of Commerce Website